The Interactive Media Lab (Eggers Hall room 062) provides users with the tools, technology and support for building many forms of interactive media content.
The IML’s 8 workstations are tailored for the following purposes:
- Document, Image and Slide Scanning
- Website and Graphic Design
- Audio/Video Capture and Encoding
- Blu-Ray, DVD and CD Authoring
The lab is open 24×7 for users who have had their SU ID Card encoded for Lab access.
Requires a faculty sponsor or description of a project for which IML resources are needed. Bring your SU ID card and project description to ICT’s main office located in 034E Eggers Hall.
Faculty and Staff Access:
SU IDs are already coded with access to the IML.
]The IML offers several digital cameras and digital video cameras for loan (24-hour) to the Maxwell community. These digital cameras range in sophistication from point-and-shoot ease to full-featured, professional caliber, Digital Single Lens Reflex (SLR) style.
The Canon 60d is a high-quality, professional grade, SLR (Single Reflex Lens) camera. This camera comes equipped with external flash and several different lenses.
The Sony RX100 camera is a small, easy-to-use digital camera. It can easily fit in your shirt-pocket and is great for simple snapshots.
Olympus Digital Voice Recorders (two available)
The Olympus Digital Voice Recorders are small, self-contained audio recorders which are ideal for simple voice recordings.
Sony SR-100 Camcorder
The Sony SR-100 digital video camcorder is tapeless in that records directly to a built in hard drive.
The Interactive Media Lab is also the location of many of Maxwell’s training sessions.
Such training includes:
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Web site development and online survey creation
- Select Adobe Creative Suite applications (PhotoShop, InDesign)
- Document scanning and PDF Creation
- Web and Document/PDF Accessibility
- Video Capture and Encoding
Learn more about the workstations of the IML computers.
- Creating Images and Videos
- Creating a Digital Publication
- Creating DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and Web DVDs
- Making Photos and Footage Into a Movie
- Editing and Recording Audio
- Editing Videos
- Audio Transcription
- Playing Back VHS and DVD
- Scanning Photos or Documents
- Scanning Slides