Accessibility in the Global Collaboratory (Eggers Hall 060) was certainly a consideration during the renovation a few years ago.
Features of the Global Collaboratory Include:
- Ramp from the hallway down to the presentation area
- Widened row of desks at the hallway level for wheelchair access
- Wireless microphones for in-room voice amplification
- Wireless assisted listening earbud devices
- Wireless keyboard and mouse for computer access
- Adjustable height teaching station
- Lowered touch-panel system for control of room devices
While many of these are inherent to the room, some require a planning prior to the room use and setup assistance just before the event.
Please email GC@maxwell.syr.edu for more information on other services such as:
Web video captioning
– Maxwell ICT can coordinate/assist you in captioning your YouTube videos. We use CaptionSync and Rev.com which are third-party services providing accurate captioning.
CART (Computer Aided Realtime Translation) & Interpreter services
– We can help connect you with providers of ALS and other real-time interpreting services.